Configuring even a large, complex environment is a snap and takes only minutes.
Based on the proven Ignite platform, used in 10's of thousands of installations, AlarmVM connects directly to vCenter™, setting configurable alarms for entire groups of virtual machines, hosts and clusters, and vCenter servers.
AlarmVM has been released for VMware sites interested in improving their alarm management and providing input prior to the AlarmVM final release. VMware administrators can fill out the form and download the free trial software.
Time Saving for VMware System Administrators
AlarmVM makes VMware system administrators more efficient and reduces tedious, repetitive tasks. It is designed to simplify pro-active alarm management.
- Eliminates need to set up contacts for each alarm
- Makes it easy to see how all alarms are configured
- Lets VM administrators manage who is notified and under what conditions
AlarmVM is used by VMware administrators, along with vCenter.
Efficiency Features for Complex VMware Sites
AlarmVM is built with features designed to make alarm management practical in large VMware installations.
- Out-of-box settings allow instant creation of default alarm policies
- Organize alarms by Virtual Machines, Hosts and Clusters, or vCenter Servers
- Set alarms policy across entire groups, or create policy exceptions for subsets of any group
- Create customized alarm policies, then apply policies to any group desired
- Establish notification policies with multiple contacts, then apply notification policy to any group of servers
Read the FAQ
What are the installation requirements? Does it really take less than 20 minutes to install? Will it give trend information? Read the AlarmVM FAQ for answers to these questions and more.
See it in Action
Monitored Server Requirements
- vCenter Server 4.0 and higher
- ESX or ESXi Host 4.0 and higher (if connecting directly to the host)
AlarmVM Server Requirements
- VMware ESX or ESXi 4.0 and higher
- vCenter 4.0 and above, recommended, but not required
- Windows Server
- Recommend Windows 2008 Server R2 or Windows 7.
- Other supported servers: WindowsXP, Vista, 7, and Windows 2003 Server
- Server must always on (e.g. a laptop might not be a good choice)
- 4Gb RAM (minimum)
- 4Gb Storage (minimum)
- Recommend at least 2 CPUs (physical or virtual)
- Internet Explorer 7 and higher
- Firefox 3.6 and higher
- Chrome (latest stable)
- Safari 3 and higher
- AlarmVM is completely self contained. It downloads and installs in minutes.
- A vCenter Server account with Administrator credentials is required during the installation process.
- Install AlarmVM on any Windows server with uninterrupted access to the vCenter server. Does not need to be a dedicated server. Does not need to be the vCenter server.
- Request your Free Trial Key for a trial on an unlimited number of servers
- Once you have purchased AlarmVM and want to move to your permanent license keys, follow the quick instructions on the Knowledge Base 1619 to have your keys emailed to you.
AlarmVM Provides Unparalleled Performance Monitoring on Virtualized Servers
AlarmVM is an agentless, 24/7 monitor, optimized to gather statistics from vSphere vCenter, analyze them and distribute alarms.
AlarmVM installs on any Windows server, physical or virtual. A dedicated server is not required. It includes its own database repository for storing monitored statistics.
AlarmVM System Architecture
AlarmVM works with your vCenter servers - all of them - and configures alarm settings. It just needs access to vCenter, then it gathers monitored statistics and stores them in its own repository, along with alarm settings.
Notification of alarms is by email, by SNMP trap to another management console, or on the AlarmVM screen.