Ignite System Requirements
A single Ignite installation can simultaneously monitor both database instances ( Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase), physical hardware, and virtual hardware. There are two choices for download, depending on the type of server that Ignite will be installed on: Windows or UNIX/Linux. For each, a single download and packaged installation sets everything up, so you are running in minutes.
Server Running Ignite Software
- The Ignite software can be installed on almost any Windows, Unix or Linux server, either physical or virtual. It only needs an operating system that can support Java JRE 1.5 or higher. Repository hardware and configuration must meet minimum requirements as shown below.
|# Number of monitored databases||Minimum # of CPU||RAM|
Ignite Repository Server:
- An Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server instance is utilized by Ignite to collect and process data from monitored servers. A dedicated instance is not required, but it cannot be the "monitored" instance. The data collection server is defined as the Ignite Repository server, and the requirements are listed below.
- Ignite Repository requires either:
- Oracle 8.1.7 or higher (8i, 9i, 10g, 11g)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 SP3 or higher (2000, 2005, 2008, 2012)
- "Express" editions of both Oracle and SQL Server can hold a repository but will likely run out of space due to the 4GB limitations.
- Do not put the repository into an instance that will be monitored. Doing so will affect the performance of that instance.
- Installation requires access to a DBA (Oracle) or Sysadmin (MSSQL) user for the install which will hold the repository.
- Repository hardware and configuration must meet minimum requirements as shown below.
|# Number of monitored databases||Repository Minimum # of CPU||RAM|
|up to 5||2||1 GB|
Free Disk Space in Repository Instance: varies with number of monitored database instances and level of activity on each:
|Monitored Database Activity||Repository Disk Space per Monitored DB|
|Light||1 GB to 3 GB|
|Medium||3 GB to 5 GB|
|Heavy||5 GB to 10 GB|
|Minimum Oracle Parameters|
|db_block_buffers (or db_cache_size) Note that this is a critical parameter.||>100 Mb per monitored database|
|Redo Log Size (select min(bytes) from v$log)||>10 MB|
|Minimum SQL Server Configuration Parameters|
|Minimum Server Memory If monitoring more than 10 instances, increase by 20 MB per additional monitored instance||1 GB|
- Google Chrome 8.0 and higher
- Internet Explorer 6.0 and higher
- Firefox 3 and higher
These requirements apply to monitored database instances, hosted on either physical or virtual servers.
Oracle Monitored Databases:
- Ignite for Oracle supports monitoring of Oracle 8.1.7 and higher (8i, 9i, 10g,11g)
- SYS user privileges are required for initial setup
- The server holding the Ignite software must be able to connect to the monitored Oracle server
SQL Server Monitored Databases:
- Ignite for SQL Server supports monitoring of SQL Server 2000 SP3 and higher ( 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012)
- SYSADMIN privileges are required to setup Ignite
- The server holding the Ignite software must be able to connect to the monitored MSSQL server.
Sybase ASE Monitored Databases:
- Ignite for Sybase supports monitoring of ASE 22.214.171.124 and higher.
- SA_ROLE privileges are required to setup Ignite
- The server holding the Ignite software must be able to connect to the monitored Sybase server.
DB2 Monitored Databases:
- Ignite for IBM DB2 UDB supports monitoring of DB2 UDB 8.1 FixPack 13 and higher (8.2.2,...)
- SYSADM privileges are required to setup Ignite
- The server holding the Ignite software must be able to connect to the monitored DB2 server.
These requirements apply to monitoring of the vCenter server for use with IgniteVM.
VMware vCenter Servers:
Confio supports connections to ESX/ESXi and/or vCenter. vCenter is not required, but highly recommended.
- VMware ESX/ESXi 4.0 and higher
- VMware vCenter 4.0 and higher
- Ignite VM installs on any Windows, Linux, or UNIX server with Java JRE 1.5 or higher
- One time entry of a read-only VMware password will be required. Password is not visible to IgniteVM users.