In the past five years, DBAs have seen major changes in their underlying infrastructure. Due to licensing concerns and broader infrastructure initiatives, IT has seen a large shift towards a virtualized converged infrastructure. The increased I/O demands of virtualized infrastructure and the rapidly decreasing cost of solid state storage (SSD) mean that more database workloads are moving to SSDs.
In this live webinar event, you will learn about how to best configure SSDs and arrays for SQL Server, and learn the answer to questions like:
- If my array uses compression, are there benefits to using database compression?
- How should I arrange my data files on an SSD array?
- If I have limited SSD space, how should I use it.
- On a hybrid array (spinning disk and SSD) how should you structure your policies
- What changes from physical servers to VMs?
Please join Joseph D'Antoni, Senior Architect and SQL Server MVP for this live webinar event to learn how to configure SSDs and storage arrays for the best SQL Server performance.